djb Photography Mentor Auckland.
$50NZ per hour, two classes per month, immediate start.
A young, fun, personality driven international photography school. We are a global team of real photographers teaching beginners and intermediates about the art of photography.
Confident, joyous, humble.
The photography walk-shops:
Run all over the globe to teach beginners about manual mode on their digital cameras.
We’re looking for one photography mentor to run the djb photography walk-shops. You’ll be required to run each walk for 2 hours, teach 8 people about manual mode & take photographs for the djb blog. You must be available during the week after 6 pm & weekends and you’ll be teaching two or three classes a month
Your goal is connect with every single client, teach, make friends and make a difference.
Before I even get into technical skills, we’re very much personality driven. The right person is equally as important as a solid portfolio.
Qualifications & Responsibilities:
We’re after happy, smiley, friendly, loyal, responsive, enthusiastic and technically capable people. You will need to show a portfolio of work. You need to be confident, have a great personality and understand how to use a digital camera in manual mode.
You must understand:
– Lens types: prime vs zoom, focal lengths, why some lenses are better than others.
– White balance.
– Raw vs jpeg.
– What digital cameras models are available in the current market.
Non-essential technical knowledge requirements: Lightroom & post production (although you will not be teaching this).
Pay & Benefits:
– $50NZ per hour, 2 hour classes.
– You’ll be a part of the djb professional photographer global community. You’ll have connections to photographers around the world and the ability to seek business advice and mentoring to grow as a professional photographer and business person.
– You’ll be representing a global photography brand and be an integral part of the team.
Please apply with: A link to your portfolio of work & an email outlining why you believe this position should be yours. Interviews will take place immediately. Please attach a CV and address your application to Daniel at firstname.lastname@example.org